Friday, December 04, 2009

on a mission.

ugh. remember this shirt? how it's favorite but now it's too small? yeah. let's review why it's favorite again.

1. it has the fold over mitts. love love love the fold over mitts.
2. it's long sleeved. hello, it's december and it's cold. and it's even colder in my house.
3. it's not a onesie. I really like the fact that it's just a shirt. I like to layer here people, the plain onesie goes on underneath the cute shirt.
4. lastly, I love it because of the super cute ski lift patch. but that can be put on any shirt, so I don't know if that really technically counts for the purpose of my list.

so I was out and about spreading holiday cheer today (that means spending money, I guess) and tried finding a long sleeve white shirt with fold over mitts for my little guy. I went to BRU (I had a gift card, I don't think I'd normally shop there otherwise) and target (had some other holiday mischief at target anyway) and could not find what I wanted. for one thing, they were all onesies. and secondly, if I wanted long sleeves with the fold over mitts I could only get them in one of two sizes: newborn or 0-3 month (which isn't that practically the same thing anyway? come on!) I guess they figure people only want fold over mitts to protect faces from scratches, not for keeping hands a bit warmer.

so now I'm on a mission. to either find a shirt that meets my specifications in a 3-6 month size OR make my own.

I just might have to make my own, I fear. the ski lift patch needs a new home.

4 comments:

Toodles said...

I'll be on the lookout!

Dansie Family said...

it looks pretty simple to make and you are an expert. go for it.

Rui Z said...

you should make your own! It's more special that way.

April and Jeff said...

I was at Ross today and saw a four pack of those tees in 3-6 mo. I wish I had got them for you.