Wednesday, December 02, 2009

my foot!

is still dropped.

pete's prediction was better by thanksgiving. his new prediction is better by christmas. and hey, I know that christmas is true; I believe in christmas miracles.

and just so you all know, I once thought I had the back of an eighty year old woman but as it turns out I have the back of a healthy thirty year old. what a relief! I really was stressing over that. and the nerve damage isn't stemming from my lower back. again, what a relief! I'm convinced that it's from the pelvis--hello! childbirth!--but the spine guy says the next most likely place for this type of nerve damage is below the knee and that's where they would check next. (and then after that the next most likely place is the pelvis... which is where, I'm convinced, the damage happened.) but even if they check below the knee and my pelvis that won't affect my recovery time-frame.

so it's the same old story we've been hearing all along: wait it out. no one knows just how long that will take, though.

but the other day pete and I noticed movement in my toe. it's so subtle, so weak you can barely even see it, but it's there. I think. and I noticed a few days ago that the ligament (or tendon?) that runs across my ankle was responding. I think these are pretty big break throughs from a foot that was doing nothing at all for so long!

5 comments:

Eliza said...

WAHOO to even the teeny tiniest of breakthroughs!!!

Travelin'Oma said...

You are an extremely patient patient!

Beckle the Freckle said...

Hooray! Let me know if you need me to come over again. I'd be happy to help! :)

Jared, Beth, Emily, and Cam said...

YAY!!!!

Dansie Family said...

sounds promising