you know, that we all needed to stop being so lazy, get off our butts, move, eat fruits and vegetables... you know, the stuff we all already know but for some reason most of america has a really hard time with...
and then bob yells: it's never going to happen if you're sitting on the couch eating ice cream!
pete and I looked at each other. we were both sitting on the couch eating ice cream. we just got the smack down from bob harper.
see, it sounds kinda ironic and all, but we love our treats when we sit down to watch this show.
so the next week I made these sinfully delicious red velvet cupcakes. but hey, I got the recipe from runner's world so they must be good for me, no?
no? oh, well at least I got rave reviews from peter's coworkers the next day. bake yourself up a batch for tonight's episode--you won't regret it! {but your thighs, might. unless you go for a nice long run. I'm just sayin'}

5 comments:
Red velvet--that's my diet food of choice.
It's funny, even though I do get inspired when I watch that show, I also tend to get sweet cravings too. Weird. I think life is all about balance though. I think it's impossible (and pointless) to say you will never eat cupcakes or ice cream or french fries. As long as the portions are small and you are staying active, it's all good. Now if I could just listen to my own advice...
p.s. not that you have to worry-you look great!
That's funny because I just got done eating some left over ice cream cake as I was reading your blog. I guess I better go running.
i am always eating junk when i watch the show. truth be known, i am always eating junk. i got pretty good about my eating habits last fall, but since thanksgiving it has been all down hill. time to get back into good habits maybe tonight i will have yogurt instead of ice cream.
I have a confession- I was eating ice cream too-and we never have ice cream at our house, because, well, it doesn't last! When he said that I just looked down and laughed.
Post a Comment