Saturday, January 10, 2009

voluntary simplicity

do you ever wonder how our earth-home will be for the future generations? for your kids? for their kids?

are our habits sustainable? are we consuming too much? do our lives of privilege and convenience come at a cost?

is it possible to slow down? to take a step back? to realize it's not things, but people that matter?

{photo | 2009 eco-lutions}

5 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

Very beautifully said.

natabird said...

Sometimes things matter... like the Subaru Baja.

anna jo said...

nat, who's side are you on?!!

Letty said...

Often I think about this, I even try to make changes but they still don't seem enough. I have the two sided dilemma, love to reduce reuse and recycle but I still like convenience too.
Vicious battle I tell you.
I did buy a bunch of plates from good will for our Christmas party...no paper goods and I still have them for next year.
Beautifully said and Yes i will try to do more!

natabird said...

I'm definately on your side... I was just sugggesting that perhaps you are married to someone who is pretty interested in THINGS.