Tuesday, December 01, 2009

hello, december.

it's already here. december. I remember january, and that doesn't seem like so long ago. the new year, with new hopes and expectations. the fire crackers lit off in our front yard. oh, january, you are almost here again. time just tumbles forward, doesn't it?

now that thanksgiving has come and gone (goodbye dear, overlooked thanksgiving. you will be missed. until next year...) we are fully into the holiday season. it is a fun time, no? what with the lights, and the warmth, and the love of family and friends.

so let's embrace december before we slip into january again. let's slow it down. simplify it.

it usually rushes by too fast. there's too many commitments. too many things to do, things to buy. I don't want to feel like that this year. I want to create a cozy space for experiencing one's first holiday season. there will be lights. there will be warmth. there will be the love of family and friends.

4 comments:

mary plus vince said...

this picture feels so cozy. horray for slowing down + soaking it all in. snuggle that lil pj man lots!

Travelin'Oma said...

Lucky little PJ. He'll love the lights while he lights up your Christmas.

Toodles said...

The fire and the Christmas tree make me want to settle down right now and cozy on up with a cup of cocoa! I love this season! :)

Gilbrides said...

Beautiful picture. I hope you are able to enjoy this holiday season. I totally agree with you, it usually rushes by way too fast. I hope you get to savor every moment!!