today was a pretty cheesy day around here. but that's okay, that's how we like it. I just wanted to share a couple yummy recipes, because if you have zucchini growing out of your ears like we do this is a good way to use some of it up.
lasagna tart. it's like lasagna, but sans noodles. and it's completely delicious. I actually used a different crust recipe than what heidi calls for in her recipe. it worked out well. plus I sprinkled the top with parmesan cheese before baking. definitely a must. the changes I would make would only be a little less ricotta and a little more sauce. but as is, it was still totally good.
click on over for the dish: lasagna tart recipe
and now for the crust I used. it's from the enchanted broccoli forest by mollie katzen. she has really great vegetarian recipes, so check her out if you haven't already (she's of the moosewood cookbook fame) this was the first time making this crust and I was really happy with it. it's also a good way to use up some fresh spinach if you have some laying around.
spinach crust
15 minutes to prepare
15 minutes to prebake
butter a 9" pie pan
preheat oven to 375 degrees
3/4 lb spinach - chopped very fine
3 Tbs butter
3/4 cup unbleached white flour
3/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 tsp salt
a dash of nutmeg
melt the butter in a cast iron skillet, add the spinach, and cook it quickly over fairly high heat -- stirring -- until it is just limp
remove from heat; add remaining ingredients, and mix well
pat into a buttered 9" pie pan. use a fork first, and then your fingers to mold the crust.
prebake for 15 minutes at 375, then bake as directed by recipe
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Your photos and recipes look delicious. You could be called Anna (with) Child.
Looks yummy. I'll have to try it next year. My zucchini plant was kind of a failure this year.
Yum. I've made some zucchini lasagna before, but not with the crust. It looks really delicious!
Post a Comment