seriously. didn't I have some sort of resolve at the new year to blog more frequently for myself? instead of all the consumption I'd start producing a little more? man, I totally suck.
it seems that--as often is the case for many--I sit down to write and then I don't feel like writing anymore. even with all this excitement of a new babe in our lives. so I'm sitting down and writing.
here goes.
my mind has been pretty occupied with all things growing in my uterus lately. I'm now safely tucked away into the second trimester. my energy seems to be returning, I don't feel so gross all the time. luckily I haven't really had any morning sickness. I am so grateful for that because I don't know what I would have done otherwise. it does not sound fun.
I feel like my belly is starting to round out. peter keeps telling me that I don't look pregnant. so I guess I just look like a girl with a big belly. I can still fit into most of my clothes. some pants are out of the question, though. I did buy my first pair of maternity shorts yesterday. complete with the wide stretchy band around the waist. now it just needs to warm up a bit more. I can't wait until I'm into the panel.
okay, that thought actually scares me.
but seriously, I have some hopes of reconstructing some clothes into pregnancy friendly stuff. like jeans I find at the DI for cheap. I had a really hard time justifying my purchase last night, let alone a whole new wardrobe that will only be worn for a short period of my life! luckily I have some sewing skills and will be attempting a few minor alterations on some jeans. and I'm sure I'll be living in skirts over the hot summer months.
I have so many things to share with the world. lots of ideas rolling around in this head of mine. lots of ideals that need to be voiced. so be ready.
{my computer is now about to die. goodbye.}
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I'm not a master seamstress like you, but I use the rubber-band-around-the-button trick, and it worked quite nicely for a while. That and very frequent laundry days, since I grew so big in general, and had to buy clothes that were bigger all-around. Good luck! (Oh, and try to hold onto that excitement about fitting into maternity clothes as long as possible - you'll eventually be doing a 180!)
what a great idea. i am not nearly so talented. and luckily i have 4 older sisters, who passed on their maternity clothes. you are lucky to be in the 2nd trimester and still in regular clothes. i always gain the bulk of my weight in the first tri and it isn't in the belly, more like in my butt so normal jeans even with the rubber band are out of the question. i am excited for you.
Anna, that is so exciting! I got excited to get into maternity clothes and bought a few myself. I got lucky and had a friend lend me a bunch of hers, so it all worked out. I wore some of my regular clothes up until I was 7 or 8 months along, so depending on how you are carrying, you may not need to many extras anyway!!
Good luck with everything! I'm glad to hear that it hasn't been too bad yet! I'm excited to hear more!
I can't wait to read all about your mad sewing talents and creative projects I know that will be forthcoming! I am so excited for you and glad that you have more energy. Now the fun part begins. . .showing, feeling the baby kick and move, and finding out the gender. Then comes the wonderful moment of meeting your sweet baby and looking over at your wonderful husband!! Ahh, such sweet times!
Post a Comment