I was told the other day that a person is 43% more likely to keep a resolution if it is written down. I've been mulling around the things that I would like to do {or not do} as this new year rolls around. the clean slate that january brings is always full of so much potential. in all of us is the ability to change. but we have to want it. and we have to be willing to work for it. * * *
:: chew my food :: I resolve to eat more slowly, to let the enzymes in my saliva break down the foods so they are more easily digested and the nutrients more readily available to my body
:: read books :: I resolve to read more instead of wasting time on the computer or watching television just for the sake of something to do
:: blog more :: I resolve to consume less and produce more. there is a lot of inspiration and creativity out there, but I need to remember to document my thoughts, feelings, et cetera as well
:: eat closer to the source :: I resolve to be more conscious of my foodshed. where it comes from, how it was produced, how it got to me. more whole foods. more local foods. more organically grown foods
:: be more social :: I resolve to get out of my comfort zone in social situations. I have a tendency toward non-social behavior. I need to get over any awkwardness, which really just stems from a lack of self confidence. I am an interesting person. I just need to believe that
:: create :: I resolve to make things out of sticks. or fabric. or paper. or anything that my little hands can get on. I have grand ideas and little follow-through. those projects will become reality, hopefully in a timely manner
:: document my life :: I resolve to put pen to paper and write for me. I am losing the details that make my life what it is. the personal things. the thoughts. the feelings. the special moments. the hard moments. the daily decisions that lead me through life
* * *
if you're having trouble coming up with your own resolutions this year {come on, isn't lose weight and eat healthy so overkill by now?} check out this list I stumbled across: fifty things everyone should know how to do. pick one or two and resolve to learn some invaluable skills this year.
photo via.

5 comments:
That's a pretty good list. I checked out that website (fifty things everyone should know how to do) and I now feel inspired to make my own resolutions.
You are so good to have a list of new years resolutions. I don't know if I am motivated enough to actually come up with one, although I know that I should.... Honestly, many of yours are totally applicable to me, if not all...
I agree that writing down a goal improves your chances of keeping it. It doesn't matter where you write it, either. Somehow it stays in your brain better when you've recorded it.
I love your 50 things list. I'm going back to click on the links!
Amen Anna, we are on the same page here.
Great goals! I haven't set any yet...I think 09 will be about survival.
Post a Comment