but not really.
sometimes my body feels old.
like it did when I turned 21.
there was a noticeable difference.
maybe there's something to these milestone years.
at least I had some good surprises in the mix:
surprise early birthday bagels via the coworkers
not so surprise bowling {almost. next year don't tell anyone about it until the moment of... no chance for slip-ups} with the bffs*
super surprise super cool cake! {made specially for me by carrie of carriescakes.com, brought specially to me by the raddest kid in town}
and an arm-load of birthday goodies + well wishes.
::I am loved, it's no surprise::
* * *
I leave you with one of the best birthdays of my thirty-year-old life. numero eight at the lion house, circa 1987 {which coincidentally, was the best year for parties}. this was a biggie, my friends. and as you can see by my rad eighties "pixie" cut {aka boy hair} I was a super tom-boy and as I recall I hated wearing dresses. this was a real fight, I'm sure for the fancy birthday party at said lion house. but as you can clearly see, I made a total compromise.
oh yeah, the multi colored punky brewster high top sneakers with the tights and the dress!*if you are a bff and were not invited to the secret bowling party, don't feel sad. it just means that pete does not have you in his phone. take no offense, I still love you.

12 comments:
That was an amazing cake that you had. It was very delicious, too. You are very very loved, for sure! I hope that I am invited to your next birthday party :)
Love the cake and love the punky brewster sneakers too!
Happy birthday! That is one awesome photo! I'm sure I have a few of those floating around.
I love that cake...it is really awesome.
I hope you had a great day.
Thanks for lurking and looking! It looks like you had a wonderful birthday! And that cake looks DELICIOUS!
Punky Brewster, pixie hair cut, Lion House b-day parties--this post and picture could have been written by a bunch of 80's girls (and their moms.)
Of course you are loved! You should tell Pete to put my number in his phone so I can get invites to these secret parties.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! how awesome. i love that cake- it is so beautiful!
your party like it's 1987 photos are great! i had totally forgotten punky brewster...and wow, did i love her. that and rainbow brite. :)
what a beautiful cake! I love it. Hope you have a wonderful 30th year!
Happy Birthday, Anna! That cake is awesome! I think I had that same haircut about that age. Punky Brewster was so cool.
sweet picture, you were rockin' the 80's look! Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! I wish you would wear those sweet punky brewster shoes again... maybe next year.
i wish i knew you in the 80's. i had the same sneakers, or at least very similar. happy belated!
Post a Comment