Tuesday, May 13, 2008

an update of sorts

sometimes life is just way too busy to blog.

it's a shame, though, because then we miss the small moments.

and the big moments.

in honor of this coming weekend's big moment,
let's take a look back at some recent slightly smaller moments in the life of anna jo:

my friend scotty trained for a marathon on a treadmill because running on the road hurt him too much; he ran the salt lake city marathon in 3:36 and looked good doing it. he is my hero and another one of my success stories.

I won a pie eating contest with my youth ed teammates at work. hopefully there will be video coming shortly. let's just say I attacked some apple pie with my face. and then won a "trophy."

I "quit" my job at bcdc. I'm not sure if they know that yet or not... okay, so they've probably figured it out by now. but I didn't really tell anyone, because I didn't know quite who to tell. that's certainly a grey area when your supervisor gets fired and your manager quits all within a week of each other. and you're only there for like two more days. but my discount code still works, so all is well!

I had the complete joy of going to jury duty last week. unfortunately I didn't make the cut. but I did get to sit there all day, waiting endlessly so I guess I still got the full experience. I was kind of interested in seeing how the criminal case played out, though. oh well, maybe in two years I'll get another chance.

the only running I've done over the past three weeks has been in a pool. and this weekend I get to run 26.2 miles through the streets of fargo, north dakota. is anyone else scared for me? well don't be, 'cause I'm gonna rock the socks off this race. uff da!

I cut up about eighteen-thousand carrots today. hurrah for roadtrips!

amiGO Scott!

5 comments:

Jake said...

Good luck Anna! Have a great trip!

Jared and Kinlee said...

Go Anna!! We know that you can do it! You rock girl! :)

KJQ said...

Good luck. You rock!

Dansie Family said...

marta told me about your site a while ago and i am just now making it here.(i'm dan's little bro's wife)i hear we have a common goal for april. i'd love to know if you qualified and how you did. i still have until october.

anna jo said...

hey, thanks for stopping by! in answer to your question, I unfortunately did not qualify this go around. the circumstances were a little less than ideal. you can read all about it on my running blog, the kenyan within.

I'm assuming you're running st george. that's a fun one. hope you qualify!