Saturday, February 02, 2008

february second: day of the groundhog.

I don't know if that little rat-dog, the groundhog saw his shadow today or not.

but I certainly did.

what does that tell us?

it tells us that it's the beginning of freaking february and we sure as heck have more winter ahead of us. we need snow, folks. we need water for the rest of the year.

what we don't need is a little rodent telling us it will be spring soon. because it will just turn out to be false-spring and break all our hearts.

and anyway, I don't believe in groundhogs.

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

This seems very harsh on poor little Puxatany (sp?) Phil. How can you call him a rodent and a rat-dog? They wake him up from his long winter's nap, put him out in the cold just so people can gawk. And by the way, I don't know what the whole shadow thing means.

Rachel said...

Who thought up ground hog's day anyway? It's pretty weird if you ask me.