Wednesday, November 14, 2007

graham colton

have you heard of this guy? I hadn't until today. I was driving home from work, flipping through the radio stations, and stopped when I got to this interview with this guy and mr dj. I was hooked. he seemed so down to earth. so humble for the 'biz. just like a normal guy. like maybe in another life we could have been friends.

I knew I was in love when he so casually mentioned how he got his start. playing in the mexican restaraunt on the weekends. mostly covers but a few of his own. somehow some of his original work got on the internet. mr adam duritz heard his stuff and called him up. adam duritz. mr counting crows himself. wow. I cannot imagine. (I mean if mr duritz loves this guy, I love this guy.)

he's toured around the country playing gigs with a bunch of different bands. dave matthews. counting crows. awesome band. more awesome band. (okay, so I really don't remember. do you expect me to know his whole biography!)

he said his favorite singer is tom petty. (and the first cd he put in his car when he was sixteen years old was august and everything after.) see, we could've been friends.

and you should hear him sing. (he was even better live)

it's amazing.

amen.

post script: if someone wanted to buy me his cd for christmas, I wouldn't be opposed. just so you know.

5 comments:

RCH said...

Hey, we were listening to the radio at the same time! That DJ annoys the crap out of me, but I too liked the Graham Colton (and was impressed by his resume of rock star buddies). Thumbs up!

radv8711 said...

Just curious, what radio station was this? I'm kinda hoping the station's website has the interview up since I really like Graham Colton.

anna jo said...

it was 101.9 The End I didn't find anything on their website (their site actually kinda sucks) but you could maybe email them and see if you could get a copy of it. here's the link:
http://1019theend.myworldcms.com/

and rachael, that dj annoys the crap outta me too, but I still find myself listening for some reason. . .

Rachel said...

Funny, I was listening to that same interview. I had to listen forever before I finally heard what his name was.

Anonymous said...

I was actually there for that interview. Colton was really nice, and he is down to earth, inbetween the interviews on the radio i got to talk to him. he really is what they were saying