
I was quite happy with how well the apple pie turned out on thursday. it had to live up to some high expectations. (dee, I'm glad it did not disappoint.) and the pie crust dough proved to be quite the stressor at times.
{what with all the "everything must be cold--almost frozen cold" and the "don't overwork the dough or you'll ruin it" business. yikes!} but in the end it all came together beautifully. the filling was super easy + yummy, and the crust came out flaky + golden. just perfect. it paired quite well with my new no fail
fresh pumpkin pie recipe.
recipes:
apple pie (I cut the sugar to 3/4 cup total and added some cinnamon + vanilla to taste)
butter flaky pie crust (trust this recipe--even when you think you need to add more water to make everything stick together like you think it should, letting it chill overnight does wonders. plus if you brush an egg wash on top before baking, the crust will come out with a golden-glazed look of perfection. I sprinkled a cinnamon/sugar mixture on top right before baking as well)
7 comments:
You are quite a chef, aren't you? How come you never cooked in the house of McClelland?
Your pies were better than Marie Callendar's! Dee's very favorite of all time is apple with a lattice crust. In 38 years I've never attempted it. Thanks for making his dreams come true.
I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing.
Mmmm, thanks for the Thai food comment! We'll have to try that place sometime. How are you doing, Anna? I'm glad you left me a comment! P.S... this pie you made looks delicious!
You're pie looks delicious. I made a cherry pie and it tasted good but my crust did not look quite so perfect. Good work.
i still can't believe how picture perfect that pie was! and the fact that it tasted so good was amazing. you have become a true gourmet cook!! i'm so glad i got to have a slice. keep your goodies coming!
Post a Comment