Tuesday, October 02, 2007

move well, eat well, think well

the other day I borrowed a book from the library, super natural cooking, by heidi swanson. you know, of 101 cookbooks fame. as I sat at the bus stop and opened the pages, I realized I was holding some very valuable information in between my two hands. I needed to pay attention and try and incorporate at least some of this wisdom into my daily life. I would be so much the better for it.

I feel that I am a student of healthy eating, and this book could be the master teacher.

I love when I can take more away from a cookbook than just a satisfied tummy. when it's more than just a book full of recipes but a lesson learned with every turn of the page. please educate me on the whole foods I am missing in my life. tell me why they are so good for me, what I should look for, when I should use them, teach me about alternatives, methods of cooking, and throw in a beautiful photo of the finished product and I'll be a happy camper.

I have three cookbooks {okay, so one is technically the library's} that I am in love with for the aforementioned reasons.

these little beauties are a must-have not only for the delicious creations inside, but the wealth of information they hold.

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I just read your 100 Things to do list and it's so cool. Except there are just 57.

Travelin'Oma said...

I just realized it doesn't say 100, and the 101 is a different list. Both are cool.

Letty said...

My two favorite veggie cookbooks are:
The New Laurel's Kitchen By Laurel Robertson, carol Flinders, and Brian Ruppenthal.
The other is Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home.
Both have great Recipes...no photos however. I still love them and they are a staple for whole cooking! Especially Laurel's Kitchen!
I"ll have to try our some of your favs.

anna jo said...

letty, the moosewood restaurant cooks at home is actually one I want. I'll have to check out laurel's kitchen. thanks for the info!