Tuesday, September 25, 2007

environmental crafting

remember this post? well, I made a duct-tape bust form so I could do a little experiment in creative recycling. {here is anna II wearing the inspiration for this project. oh yeah, and here are the plans.}

I started out with this: an old, men's long-sleeve button-down shirt.

and ended up with this: a cute, women's shirt!

I think it's pretty impressive because not only was I limited to the fabric that I had, but I had no pattern to follow. I made this whole thing up as I went along, and I haven't really sewed anything substantial (pajama pants don't count) for fifteen years.

I was thinking about going into mass production, but as it turns out you'd have to be the exact same size as me. {or you could just mail me your duct-tape bust form.}

9 comments:

~B. said...

I can email you the pics of the duct taping! There are a ton of them though!

Travelin'Oma said...

Cute top and hair. It's getting so long!

Heidi said...

Awesome! I am so impressed - you need to open a BanANNA Boutique. It could be great. Way to be creative and crafty!

The Taylors said...

Very impressive!

mary plus vince said...

Wow, sis! Nice work! I want a cute crafty shirt -- If I got you a shirt, could you make me one too? I would even pay you :D

marta said...

oh my goodness!!!! it's cuter than i'd ever imagined a handmade shirt could be! what a sweet baby doll faux pregnancy shirt. i adore it. and want to place an order. nicely done. beautiful work. you amaze.

congrats.

Rachel said...

I'm impressed. You inspire me. I once had an aspiration to sew all my own clothing but I think I've made like two things.

Jake said...

This is adorable! I didn't know you could sew!!! You are ubertalented.

Amy said...

Cutest top! I'm very impressed. You've even got the checks going in contrasting directions in a purposeful way. . .very clever. I would like to have an Amy II hanging around my sewing room.

Happy Anniversary, by the way!