Sunday, May 13, 2007

my mother: a tribute

She's deaf in one ear. She's the sole supporter of the Fuller Brush man. She has the right idea about footwear--she wears flip-flops all year-round. She'll cook you five meals for one birthday dinner. Pretty much she'll do anything and everything for you or anyone else. This is my mom. She's the most amazing person I know.

If I were to describe her to you, the first word that would come out of my mouth would be "charity." She really is the most charitable person you could ever meet. Ask any of the families of the kids she tends. They'll tell you the same thing. That's what I admire most about her. She's also selfless. Her family comes first. She makes sure we have everything we need and most of the things we want, even if that means she has to go without.

She has a deep, rooted faith in the gospel. Her testimony has always been a source of strength to me. She lives what she believes. She is a Christ-like example in my life.

Decisions may stress her out, but she always makes the right ones. She's creative and crafty. She is the one who originated the card-stock gene. I wish I could have her handwriting. She's smart and innovative and always creating creative solutions to life's day-to-day problems.

Mom, I love you. Thanks for all the love and support you have given me through the years. You have always been there to cheer me on in life--usually with a flip-chart sign and some balloons! I can't even express the example you have set for me. I hope to one day be like you in every way. You truly are amazing.

Watch out for avalanches,

Anna
[written in 2005 for Claudia: An elect Lady, compiled and edited by Dean B. Cleverly]

Mom, you're still the raddest person I know. Thanks for everything you do for all of us. Happy Mother's Day!

LoVes and Avalanches!!!

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

No wonder you are so awesome. You had a fantastic teacher and example!

Lisa B. said...

that was a great tribute to your mom.. we like you Anna.. so thank you Anna's mom for giving us you Anna.