Monday, May 07, 2007

NBM2K7

National Bike Month 2K7It's national bike month, so I urge you all to:
teach a child to ride a bike
commute to work via two wheels instead of four
tell your friends to bike to work as well
find a local cycling club and join!
hit the trails
proudly wear the spandex!
write a letter to your congressman
in that letter tell him we need better bike lanes!
channel your inner lance armstrong
plan your own tour de france
join a local advocacy group
ride to the grocery store
ride to the park
ride to school
watch the movie Breaking Away
make art out of bike parts
buy a cruiser bike
buy a basket and horn for your cruiser bike
plan your next bike tour vacation
tune up an old junker
just get out there and ride!

and don't forget:
ride your bike to work day
friday, may 18th


please ride safely: always wear a helmet.

5 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I can't let you down...I'm buying some spandex.

kelly said...

marty... try american apparel. they've got all kinds of spandex, in lots of fun colors. you'll look HOT!

anyway... i guess this means I should get back on my bike. ever since we got back from our trip i've been feeling lazy.

Jake said...

It is get-off-your-bike-and-don't-break-anything-else month at our house!

Christie said...

I just tagged you for a mem!

Lisa B. said...

hey you didn't mention the all too famous bmx movie of the 80's.. Rad. it's sooo awesome. i have it on vhs, which i might add is no longer available... anywhere. i've checked. so anyone can borrow it;) Bikers rock!