Tuesday, April 17, 2007

community garden: the planting

jim posing with our future food, the zucchini.

the white trash plant markers.
[don't worry, I am making cuter ones.
it was pretty fun using jim's craft supplies, though.
it's always fun to weatherproof stuff using scotch tape.]

I had fun crafting while the boys had fun planning and planting.

juicing essentials: carrots and beets.

some of my favorites: "baby carrots" and "pole peas, sugar snap."


hurrah for gardens!

4 comments:

marta said...

wow.. a half marathon and a community garden growing girl. you are the poster child for everything wholesome + wonderful. please bring me veggies..

Jim said...

Well, I guess that picture explains why my modeling career never really took off. Anyway, hooray for future food!

Christie said...

I had a garden at our house in Boston - it was such a fun thing. My kids would sit out there and pick peas off the vines and eat them raw - I don't think we ever cooked a single pod. We had tomatoes and zucchini coming out of our eyes. You go, earth girl.

Travelin'Oma said...

I can't wait to have fresh home grown food! Are you going to sell it from a stand?