Yesterday was our first actual day of Warehouse Therapy. We got to work while it was still dark outside--6:30 in the AM--and left when it was dark--9:30 in the PM. Luckily the weather was nice enough during our first lunch break to eat outside. I don't think I can go a whole day without seeing the sun. Ever.
But the overtime pay will be nice. And basically that is why I have become such a hardcore, die-hard employee. Not to mention the sweet gear deals.
So the consensus is that Warehouse Therapy isn't even all that bad. What I do in the whole scheme of things is actually pretty chill and I even get to listen to the radio (yesterday and today 101.9 The End has been talking about Ghost Stories on their morning show... and we all know how I love ghost stories!) or CD's if I would remember to bring them. And time doesn't drag on how it sometimes might while you're at work.
The best part about this is that Katie Dickson and Anna Cleverly have become working women. We're the two in our house that have been unemployed for extended periods of time recently, just going wherever the wind has blown us. It's nice to be rooted. In a warehouse. Or something.
One funny story from work today: Some little old lady from who-knows-where sent Greg (the customer service guy) and the whole warehouse some sort of nut candy type something and some garlic/cashiew mix she had apparently made herself. They were packaged in the same box she was returning some
climbing shoes in. Everyone was scared to eat it because who knows if it was laced with arsenic. I guess she really appreciated the service. Or she is just bored and lonely. Anyway, it made for a good laugh. Thank you, Claire David, wherever you are.

No comments:
Post a Comment