I woke up late this morning. I was tricked into going to FHE in a BYU ward last night and didn't get home until well past my new bedtime. I was tired.
I went to my cupboard to get out the oatmeal. The canister is too tall to stand upright on the shelf, so I have to lay it down on it's side. Apparently the lid doesn't stay on too well. As I grabbed the oatmeal, oats started spilling out everywhere. There were oats on the one and only chair, oats on the floor, even oats in my hair! I did not have time for it. I swept it up, made breakfast, threw a lunch together, and was out the door in a reasonable amount of time. Katie Dickson asked me when I got in the car what was in my hair. Was it leaves? No. Oats.
It's nice to go to work every morning with your roommate. Especially your roommate wtih a car. (Tomorrow I have to ride out there on the bus, which means leaving my house about an hour earlier. . . oy vei!) Today it was my turn to drive. After I had pulled out of the driveway Katie turned to me and said, "You can listen to whatever you want." So I took that as I can listen to whatever I want. So I turned it to my favorite radio program, X96's Radio From Hell. After a minute of listening she turns to me again and says, "Do you want to listen to this?" As if it was by accident that I purposely changed it to this station and didn't really want to listen to it at all. I told her that I did in fact want to listen to this station and that I don't even like it when they play music--I just like to listen to Kerry, Bill, and Gina talk! I told her to give it a try and maybe she'd like it. She informed me when we got to work that she didn't. I think there will be more listening to my favorite morning radio program in the future if I'm ever given control. I'm sure it will be more out of spite than anything else.
Oh what a morning it was. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That's my favorite morning radio station to listen to too. Paul and I listen to it practically every day on the way up to the U.
and I won't call you an oat-head.
Post a Comment