It's weird to think that practically a month has gone by. Time moves too quickly. I just got here. But practically a month has gone by and now it is time for me to leave. I wish I could tuck the wee one in my carry-on luggage because I am going to miss her terribly. I'll miss the toddler as well but not the abuse. Dangit, I'm going to miss my sister and Hobear too! Can't they all just fly back home with me?
When I got here I didn't really know why I had come, other than I had an opportunity to. I felt I probably had something to learn here, but I didn't know what. Maybe these are some reasons why I came. . .
- Volunteering with the American Red Cross in the Katrina Relief effort
- Playing ultimate with Hyzer Soze -- not only did I meet some awesome people, but they needed me to play in that Sectionals Tournament in Austin pretty badly!
- Babies
- Learning from other people's relationships -- before I say yes to any marriage proposal, I will make sure to ask such important questions as "what are your feelings on tepid water?" etc.
- Missionary opportunities -- maybe Don was placed in my path for a reason
- Reality TV! I think I'm all caught up now and won't have to watch tv for the rest of my life! (especially children's programming!)
- The appreciation of vast expanses of open sky and flat plains
- Many many more valuable lessons that will help me in the road of life. . .
So with that I encourage everyone to take a step back from their daily routine and go on their own sabbatical of sorts. Sometimes you don't even have to travel very far to realize that everything you love is close to home; but that the great big world has a lot of amazing things to offer as well.

1 comment:
*Sigh!* We miss you already, seester.
Post a Comment