Tuesday, October 04, 2005

An update of sorts

I haven't posted in a while. I'm not around a computer that often and when I am it seems I can't find the words. But here I am, groping for the words anyway. . .

The day I got home from Sabbatical I went on the annual Ruth Lake hike with my dad and Eliza and Paul. I'm glad we started that tradition; it's a good excuse for a scenic fall drive and a photo on the fridge. Later that night I went on a hot date. Life back amongst the mountains is good.

I've settled into the new house. Once again there is a good dynamic between roommates. There's a good vibe to the place even if we don't have much furniture. Come sit in our hammock or watch a movie in our pillow room. We're simple people striving to live sustainable lives. I wish we had a garden.

I still haven't found a job. Well, I haven't been looking too hard yet. Last week I was busy unpacking and organizing and resting for "the big race." It turns out I got a little bit o' the stomach flu. I guess that's not too good the week of a marathon. But I resolve to do better. As soon as I stop procrastinating (Read: writing blogs and such) I am looking for that danged job!

Even though I fell short of my goal time, the weekend in St George was really fun. We stayed with my dear friend and ex-roommate, Maria Nelson and her family. Mary and I got to sleep in the magnet bed (I swear I could feel my blood circulating better!). Gloria Staci even made a brief appearance! What more could you ask for?

So now it's the start of another week. Yesterday I got my hair dyed by my friend and also ex-roommate Lisa Bayley Buchanan. (Or just Lisa Bayley for short) I'm looking quite sassy.

Last night we all went rock climbing up Big Cottonwood Canyon for FHE. And by "we" I mean me, Lisa Bayley and her husband Adam, Tori, and this Brett kid. I was a little worried as I was hiking down the trail and crossing the river--my legs still hurt from the run and it is hard to walk up and down stairs let alone a rock face! But, surprisingly, while I was on the rock the legs didn't hurt at all. I like this new FHE tradition complete with lesson (usually to do with something relating rock climbing to the gospel, but this week it was about marathon running), activity (rock climbing for now, snow shoeing in the near future) and treat!

I'm going to Havasupai in a few days. I'll get to cross yet another thing off of my list of things to do before I die. I'm excited. It's a tropical paradise in the desert. I get to share it with good friends. Life is so dang good!

Okay, I think I've probably rambled enough about the last week of my life. Now I need to focus. . .

No comments: