this morning, as I was telling peter yet another use for extra virgin coconut oil, he looked at me and replied should I use some windex too? eye roll. seriously, evco is my new love and here's why: so many uses.::cooking/baking::
::diaper rash cream that is cloth diaper safe::
::moisturizer::
::light sunscreen::
::acne treatment::
I'm sure I'm forgetting something. but this stuff moisturizes like no other and also fights rashes like no other -- even yeast. I think it has something to do with the high concentration of lauric acid (which is also found in high concentrations in breast milk, another miracle worker!). I like that it's a natural product, without any crazy chemicals that probably aren't actually good for our bodies. and it smells so great! I put it on my severely dry, rashy hands and practically want to eat it off. it's that good.

6 comments:
Where do you find said stuff? Can you buy it at the grocery store? I haven't found a good diaper rash cream to use with our cloth diapers so I definitely want to give this a try.
I bought mine at whole foods, but then found out it's also in the health foods section of my local harmon's. so you could try your grocery store or any health food store. most likely by the other cooking oils (in the natural/health section, most likely) it comes in a jar because it's a solid until it reaches like 76 degrees or something and then it turns into a liquid. you don't need to refrigerate it or anything.
Agreed! I love this stuff!
Whoa! I was going to blog about that stuff on my Picky Eater blog soon! Seriously love the stuff! And when I cook with it, my house smells absolutely divine!
thanks for the tip. i will have to try it out.
Very nice stuffs!!!
Post a Comment