When I was little, when it rained, my grandmother would always say, "Well, it's good for the farmers." And I would give lip service and say, "That's true," and then I'd feel bad about the fact that I really didn't care about the farmers. I just wanted sun.For thirty years, I pretty much just wanted sun.
But the other day, when it rained, I wasn't disappointed. I'd seen the difference to my new community garden plot after watering with a hose versus a soaking with a good rain. One keeps it alive. The other makes it thrive. --colin beavan, no impact man
well, then. our little garden is thriving. normally I would be thrilled about the amount of rain we have been getting here in salt lake city, utah. this is no ordinary june. every day on the forecast, more showers. it isn't unearthly hot. I really quite enjoy the thunderstorms.
but only after three pm.
as you could imagine, running a summer day camp {when all your activities are based outside} is kinda hard to do in the rain. especially when kids only come in tshirts and shorts. I guess their parents just don't look outside. so all I am saying is bring on the rain--my garden is loving it, the foliage around this valley is loving it, the water supply is loving it; but I am not loving it during camp.
that is all.

3 comments:
I love rain anytime, and especially in the summer. But I remember it raining almost every year the first week of swimming lessons and it wasn't the best way to start summer.
I hear you!! It is hard keeping the kids inside after we've had such a nice taste of warm weather. But my garden is loving all this rain. Glad to hear your garden in thriving--it is so exciting watching the veggies grow!!
i love that quote...
and good luck! kids + rain= trouble. i hope it cooperates for you!
Post a Comment