Wednesday, April 15, 2009

produce the way god intended

a few weeks ago we discovered that if you keep your cilantro in the salad spinner, it stays fresh for so long without getting all wilty and pathetic looking. it was like problem solved for the cilantro crisis.

but I can't just keep my cilantro in the salad spinner all the time. what if I need to spin, you know, salad? and not to mention the fact that it takes up so much room in the fridge, all for a little bunch of herbs. I knew there had to be a better way. a smaller salad spinner perhaps?

well, when pete and I were on our target shopping spree last weekend, we came across this: the produce saver, from rubbermaid. the secret is the airflow.

so far it seems to be doing the trick. I'll keep y'all posted on the status of my produce.

3 comments:

Toodles said...

Oh awesome!! I need to get some of those!

Eliza said...

Maybe a trip to Target is in my near future...

Rachel said...

Those salad spinners are pretty cool, I really wish I had one. Good luck with saving your produce.