yes it's true, we survived. what trip to lava hot springs is complete without a float down the portneuf? {well, probably a trip with the olympic-pool-diving-platforms-giant-water-slides and/or the hot pools. or even the diy triathlon, the lava monster.} now this section of the river, the one that flows through town, is quite deceiving. I have seen many people come out bleeding and in need of urgent medical attention. this is why I like to affectionately refer to it as the river of death. so you will be glad to know that we all made it out alive. even my 85 year old grandpa. though we did see some tubers do some pretty stupid things and in turn get pretty beat up. this section of the portneuf is not to be taken lightly.
Sunday, July 27, 2008
we survived
yes it's true, we survived. what trip to lava hot springs is complete without a float down the portneuf? {well, probably a trip with the olympic-pool-diving-platforms-giant-water-slides and/or the hot pools. or even the diy triathlon, the lava monster.} now this section of the river, the one that flows through town, is quite deceiving. I have seen many people come out bleeding and in need of urgent medical attention. this is why I like to affectionately refer to it as the river of death. so you will be glad to know that we all made it out alive. even my 85 year old grandpa. though we did see some tubers do some pretty stupid things and in turn get pretty beat up. this section of the portneuf is not to be taken lightly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
sweet! it's true- that is the hallmark of lava. i remember my brother doing it with a broken arm once (our family reunion is in july every year at lava). that cast didn't last.
ah, lava. with your 10000 screaming bodies everywhere.
Love the pictures and you guys even more *mwah!*
Looks like fun. Was Pete skinny dipping in that picture?
I am so glad you guys made it out alive. I am so happy to see that you two have not slowed down in your enjoyment of life. I love seeing all your adventurous. You two look like the happiest couple ever!
Post a Comment