seriously, how do you bake your potato?I always figured there was one way to do it: wrap it up in tin foil and throw it in your oven. then about a month or so ago I was looking online to try and find an approximate cooking time + oven temp and came across a website that told me I didn't need to even use tin foil. brilliant! I thought to myself. I can save our natural resources one potato at a time.
see, the trick is poking all the holes in the potato (obviously--we don't want exploded potato guts all over the oven), rubbing it in olive oil, sprinkling a little salt all over it and then placing it right on the rack. no pan, no tin foil, nothing.
baked potatoes sans foil are crispier on the outside and oh so soft on the inside. but y'all probably already knew that.
image via.
photos deserving of an honorable mention:
mr. potato head goes home. he looks so happy among his kin.
the evolution of the potato. doin' darwin proud.
the bumper crop. it reminds me a little of these guys.
photos deserving of an honorable mention:
mr. potato head goes home. he looks so happy among his kin.
the evolution of the potato. doin' darwin proud.
the bumper crop. it reminds me a little of these guys.

4 comments:
Being an Idaho girl...yes I already knew that you baked them sans, tinfoil. I love baked potatoes but my hubby and kids aren't so into them...every so often I make them basically for me and then I make rice and Quinoa for them.
Nothing says comfort food quite like a baked potato.
I'm like you mostly but sometimes when I'm in a rush I poke a few holes and put them in the microwave for about 7 minutes. They definitely don't taste as good though. I'll have to try them without the tinfoil.
I feel like my life has come full circle! My mom was a waste-not-want-not kind of girl, and tinfoil was too expensive to use on a potato that already had a nice natural wrapper.
When I was a young bride I learned at RS that the skin would be soft and edible if the potato was wrapped in foil. It was the new way!
You would have liked my mom's habits. She always reused tinfoil, butter wrappers (to grease the pans) and she wrapped my lunch in wax paper, which I folded and brought home! Newspapers were rolled into paper logs for the fireplace, grease from bacon was saved in a cup in the fridge to reuse. When I was little she even took off the collars of my dad's white shirts when they were worn out, turned them over, and sewed them back on!!
How did you take that cool photo?
Post a Comment