Saturday, November 17, 2007

seasonal confusion

june | november

this is the lovely plant we (and by we I mean I)got for mother's day this year. it has been sitting on our porch through good times and bad. through the summer heat. through rainny days. through no water at all by neglect from it's parents. it has died and come back to life.

you see last week she started to bloom. I don't know if the little plant knows this, but it's november. sometimes it might feel like it's spring outside, but yesterday when I took that photo it was 33 degrees. maybe I just have the heartiest plant alive. and it will survive the winter.

the leaves are sporting a nice fallesque foliage, though. I quite like my tough little guy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

That's funny because we have the same thing going on at our house. We have four mini-rose bushes in front of our house and we trimmed them a little while ago thinking they wouldn't bloom again until after winter, but they have bloomed again. They actually look better than they have since we moved in. There's tons of flowers. We call them our global warming roses.