
I'm always on the lookout for new and interesting pumpkin seed recipes. I mean, who doesn't love to eat toasted pumpkin seeds? what a fun + tasty snack. I've tried this
cinnamon/salt variety a couple times now (the first attempt was a complete and total failure. burnt seeds are not so tasty as it turns out. the second attempt went much better, though pete still didn't love them. I thought they were tolerable and they actually kind of grew on me a little.), but today I found this lovely little
recipe from my
whole foods mentor,
heidi swanson. they turned out especially tasty, and pete loves them. and so will you.
Sweet & Spicy Pumpkin Seeds 1 egg white
1/4 cup natural cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
scant 1/2 teaspoon fine grained sea salt
1 cup fresh pumpkin seeds
Preheat oven to 375. In a medium-sized bowl whisk together the egg white, sugar, cayenne and salt. Add the pumpkin seeds and toss well. Drain off any excess egg white (using a strainer) and place seeds in a single layer across a baking sheet. Bake for about 12 minutes or until seeds are golden. Sprinkle with a bit more sugar and cayenne pepper when they come out of the oven. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
Makes one cup.
2 comments:
I cut out a recipe from the newspaper I haven't tried yet. I will go find it and give you the recipe to you can test it and let me know how it is!
love pumpkin seeds...mmmm
Post a Comment