Thursday, November 29, 2007

nasal irrigation in the nineties

okay, so this was going to be a post about how I am utterly and uncontrollably in love with the 90's. I miss them. terribly. I still feel like 1995 wasn't that long ago. everytime I'm listening to X96, more specifically todd nuke 'em's show, and even more specifically todd nuke 'em's 90's at noon I am thrown back to a time where the world made sense and I was happy. {okay, so that was junior high, high school, and my first years of college. did the world make sense? probably not. was I happy? yes, but was going through the angst of youth as well. those were good times. good times indeed.} I don't know, I guess the music just takes me back to the memories. ah, the nestalgia. I miss you nirvana, pearl jam, weezer, rem, [insert fave 90's rockstar here], et cetera, et cetera.

well, this post was going to be all about that. but now it's not. see, I went to x96's site to check out any info on todd's show, nuke 'em's 90's at noon, and what did I find? THIS -- for nasal irrigarion! {in case you didn't follow the links, it's a Netipot. I had never heard of one either. you use it to clear out your nose of gunk. you know, for overall sinus health.} I am slightly intrigued + slightly disgusted. which I think equals willing to try!

has anyone out there ever used something like this? or even heard of this? is anyone even half as concerned about their general nasal well being as I am? I'm ready to try it, people. I've got gunk in my sinuses and it has got to go!

maybe I could use the netipot while jammin' out to some radiohead? it's a win, win, win! (because we all win)

6 comments:

mary plus vince said...

the Netipot sounds like one of those gunk slurpers you use on babies!!

but hey, if it is going to clear up your nasal passageways -- i say go for it!

Travelin'Oma said...

Your husband is the only one I know who's had nasal irrigation. I think he went through with it so he could get his exam and Rx for free. He may have even been paid for the experience. Kind of like having his wisdom teeth out with a placebo, so he wouldn't have to pay.

For the (high) price of a prescription I am finally starting to feel better. It's worth it!

Christie said...

You will never catch me doing that. Sorry, gunk or no gunk, there's no irrigation happenin' here.

gramakas said...

I have a niece in NYC who LOVES that little thingy! Check out her post on May 10, 2007 on her blog www.kristyglass.blogspot.com I'm not good with links so I can't hook you up directly but I think it would give you some insights. Good luck!

Letty said...

A few of my spinning student swear by them! I don't get sick very often but when I did, all of them were talking their little netipots and how great they are. I put it down as a mental note to try sometime but haven't yet.
Let me know if you do! I think you can pick them up at a local health food store.

Traci said...

ok, My husband has a Netipot!!! They were featured on Oprah a few months ago and my mom-in-law ran out and bought some Netipots at the local pharmacy store, they said they were selling them like hotcakes. I think he forgets to use it sometimes, cause he always seems to have some type of nose problem. Btw, I am Lisa Buchanan's sis-in-law, so her mom is my mom-in-law who introduced us to the Netipot, which I have never used, but she did do a demonstration for us- right on the spot. Fairly easy. Good Luck!