
do old crayon bits got you down? you need something to do with them because you'd rather not throw them away? but come on, nobody likes drawing with the unwanted stubs! well, then here's your chance to give them new life. recycle them into fun, multi-colored crayons the kids (and let's be honest, you!) will love to draw with!
(since I don't have children I don't have old crayon bits. good thing there was a sale on all things school supply)

arrange the broken bits into a fun shaped tin for baking. or, if you don't have anything fun shaped that's suitable for baking, you can melt the crayons in something else and then pour them into molds or even heavy-weight cookie cutters (on a cookie sheet, of course!) work too.

bake at three-hundred degrees for about ten minutes or so. it is fun to watch the crayons melt into ooey-gooey swirls of color. once the wax has melted, remove from the oven and let cool. I used non-stick tins, and as the wax cooled the edges came away from the sides of the tin making it oh so easy to take out! hurrah!

get creative with the color combos. this could be hours of endless fun. seriously. and look how cute they came out!
tune in for my next installment of
fun crafts with wax! where we will be learning how to make pictograph/petroglyph style art using sandpaper, crayons, wax paper and your iron! fun for the whole family!
13 comments:
Remind me again why you don't have children yet?
In fact, scrap that. Just come here and be all crafty with my kids.
oh my goodness.. anna, i love these!! you really are making the most of your domestic diva time. please please let me know where i can find heart molds like those. super duper cute. nice work. and way to recycle!
ps. the new uta plan has me totally messed up. no more smooth commute. ugg!
Purty!
Could these be turned into candles? They are so cute!
Ok what did you do with our friend Anna? I have to admit, this is a pretty cool idea. I will let you know how ours turn out.
This reminds me of something that IKEA would suggest. dang we dont have any crayons, I guess we will have to hit up the local elementary school.
"Hi can we have your little stubby crayons that no one else wants?"
Jake received one of these from his "girl" friend for Valentine's Day...it is VERY cute!!!
These turned out so nice--love the swirly color combos. Great crafty project!
Anna these are so awsome! this is the daughter and i am collecting all the stubby ones and creating one. you're awsome!!!!
Anna, I'm impressed with your craftiness. I think I'll have to do these with my little neighborhood preschool class. Thanks for the idea. I can't wait for your next installment!
This is awsome what will you think up next? Whatever it is it will be awsome!
megster
meghan, did you gather all your stubby crayons and try this fun with wax craft? now take them to school and be the envy of your class!
Yes, i did and i am ready to cook them. i should do that and they will want that. then i say i have an awsome aunt who thought of it!
megster
I did this w/ my kids when they were little and we had TONS of old broken crayons. but we did not have cute tins, we just used plain old round muffin tins. fun craft! love your color combos
Post a Comment