we made some new friends tonight. they are a young couple in our ward. they invited us over for a bbq two weeks ago and then had to reschedule for tonight. it turns out they're our dream couple. finally cool people in our ward to hang out with. katie is seven months pregnant and still running and swimming. she is what I want to be at seven months pregnant. [side note: the lady that was uber pregnant at masters swimteam--the one who I swear kept swimming right up until labor--had her baby four weeks ago and is already back in the pool. amazing.]
anyway, I've been inspired to actually get out and do a tri this summer. no more just talking about it. (I mean come on, before I ever got into running marathons I wanted to do triathlons...) and ever since I got my road bike a few years ago for my grandpa's 80 at 80 ride (my grandpa is the most hardcore person I know. we all got together and did an eighty mile ride on his eightieth birthday. and he kicked everybody's trash!) I've had no excuse not to! so I'm doing it:
the Echo triathlon in July.
who else is in?
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
i'm in.
I'm not in! LOL. Sorry.
But I was going to say, you are TOTALLY going to be that pg woman on the swim team! And the one getting back in it in not long thereafter! Assuming an uncomplicated normal delivery (no c-section, no serious tearing or episiotomy), you'll probably feel like your regular old self within a week. You know I'm in no shape at all, but I had bounced back from Dos's birth (can't remember Uno) in ~3 days -- so imagine what a stud like you will do!
Um, when it's time, of course. Whenever that'll be. (Though I think I overheard some of the other seesters plotting to get pg all at the same time again. Maybe you'd want to get in on that. ;-))
maybe a tri is the motivation i need to take my road bike outside for the second time. hmmm... i'll have to think about it.
Go Anna! I'll let you borrow a couple babies if you wanna practice the whole mommy'n'me triathlon. Show that picture to your grandpa!
Post a Comment