Monday, March 05, 2007

I am woman, hear me roar!

celebrate
the
women
in
your
life
this
month.

2 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I really love the images you choose!

One woman I'd like to roar about is named Ida Mae. She's the first one to call me every month with her VT report. She's in her 90's, and says, "Now hold on a minute, dear. I have to get my magnifying glass and my flashlight." Then she'll drop the phone a couple of times while she is managing all this equipment, and then she reads off her report. She's almost blind and she's in a wheel chair, yet she is serving to the end. There are lots of women like her, young and old, who just carry on and do their part without really being noticed or praised. The silent roar that is heard by hearts.

Polly said...

I'm your Aunt Polly that you have met about once. But I read your blogs and have loved getting to know you a little better this way. I start my day reading the blogs of those I love..It's kind of like a cup of coffee, (I don't drink coffee) but it gets the day off right.