Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Bike Tour extravaganza

I was just thinking today how it would be fun to ride in the Salt Lake Marathon Bike Tour. Who's in? I know that Paul and Robert are actually running the thing, so I guess they're out. And maybe those pregnant people are out too. So who does that leave??? Chris? Mary?? Come on, who wants to do it with me???

I suppose my grandpa might want to do it. I mean, come on. He did it last year. "...and then they gave me a medal!" said my grandpa, eyes wide with excitement. And I suppose my grandpa might want to do it on a tandem trike thing. Honestly, I'm a little scared of that. So Chris, it's all you.

Well, if you're in or thinking of being in just let me know! Yeah for bike tours!!!

3 comments:

mary plus vince said...

When is it again ... they moved it to June? Well, I guess a bike tour would be pretty cool.

I was also thinking about doing the St. George marathon this year ... were you planning on doing it again? They changed the last 2 miles! :) Now we will be in shade and not by lots of cars. Sweet. Anyway. Let me know.

anna jo said...

seeeester!

did I hear you correctly? you're thinking of running another marathon??? yeah!!! that does my little heart good!

but St George is a lottery, and I'm sure you were already supposed to enter--but maybe not. and no, I am not doing St George again. I have to get out of the Utah marathon trap!

so I'm running two fall marathons this year to get back on track for the fifty states club. you are more than welcome to run either one with me. it's gonna be good times fo sho!

probably one in iowa in october, and then one in nevada in november.

and yes, the salt lake marathon is now in june. and the bike tour would be pretty cool. or maybe the half marathon... maybe I should give it more thought!

mary plus vince said...

Hm... I thought I heard something about April 1 being something for the St. George marathon, but maybe that was the deadline to enter the lottery?? I don't know. Maybe I will do the one in October with you! Maybe that could be my new thing -- every October run a marathon! :)

So the bike tour of SLC is just 26.2, yeah? Because you follow the marathon course don't you? Well, let me know what you are thinking, and then I will let you know what I am thinking. Sweet.