Wednesday, December 07, 2005

The choice for me is gossip free!

You can tell this place is run by a man. Trying to solve one problem by creating a new one...

I don't think they've really thought things through, either. But I have. What's going to happen when you pull everyone over from Returns (even Anna Jo, the GearTrade Specialist) to help with Shipping? A huge backup of returns sitting in carts just waiting for someone to do something with them. AKA people are going to be pissed because they sent that stupid North Face shirt that they just didn't like back a month ago and why hasn't their card been creditted, they wonder? So we get behind and have to work overtime just to get caught up (this is what happened last month... a lot of stress on us poor little employees). But what's even better about this is that once Christmas is over the returns are going to come pouring in! Multiply this little problem exponentially!

To top it all off they have us working nearly 70 hours a week. Yes, that's true. Literally everyday of my life is now going to be dedicated to this stupid place. I hope they're prepared to deal with high rates of employee burn-out. Why can't they just hire more seasonal employees you may be wondering? Well, that would just make too much sense.

But I'm not complaining (even though I am); the overtime pay will be really nice.

No comments: