I was supposed to toss a disc around with this guy from frisbee today. He called and we set it all up. We'd meet each other at Frank Higinbothum Park a little after 5 o'clock. So I go over to the park and wait. I try and look for him from my car and then realized if I couldn't see him he certainly wouldn't be able to see me. So I get out and find a nice shady piece of grass out in an open area of the park. I wait some more. No sign of the guy. I'm pretty sure he hasn't stood me up because he seemed pretty animate about throwing a disc around. I'm guessing he has some other interest in me other than frisbee, if you know what I mean. But that is only speculation.
Finally I give up waiting and go home. I ask my sister if he called while I was gone. Twice. So I called him back thinking I was clear of this whole thing. Well, I was except for the fact that now we're going to have dinner tomorrow after practice. I am too nice and agree to things even if it might be against my better judgment. And besides, I might be taking things out of context. Maybe he does just want to eat with me. It's not a date, is it?
I can't just assume this kid wants to kiss my face off. Hopefully he doesn't 'cause I don't want to go breaking any hearts while I'm here in Texas! And I wouldn't want things to be awkward as we drive to Austin together... with his cat.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment